Sunday, July 12, 2009

I am here!!!!!!!!!!!! In Santiago. It´s only been one day and already I don´t know where to begin. At the beginning perhaps?

Mariana and her dad picked me up from the airport this morning. It would have been crazy trying to get a fair-priced taxi, so I am REALLY thankful for them. They brought me to my host family´s apartment and we arrived around 745 AM. This place is wonderful. I can see the Andes out my bedroom window.

My host mom´s name is Lily and she is the mother of 2 daughters, both of whom are married and moved out. I napped all morning and when I woke up it was almost lunch time. The only other person who lives with Lily and me is another student named Magdalena. Lily´s daughter Magdalena and her husband also came over for lunch, as did Mariana. They are all SO NICE. Lily made risotto - yum!

It´s getting dark already, at 6 PM. Our 2-week spanish class with the rest of the Madison students starts tomorrow. Can´t wait to see the campus!

No comments:

Post a Comment