Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Cheeleun at the apartment on DAY 3

Did I mention I can see the Andes from my bedroom? Still blows my mind.

We started our 2-week instensive spanish class yesterday. It was nice to see some familiar Wisconsin faces. I was feeling pretty lonely when I got home from class (plus not happy about having homework all of a sudden) but as soon as Lily got home the feeling basically went away. I showed her pictures of the fam (she says Alice looks older than me) and of our vacation to northern MN. She says there are places that look similar in southern Chile. Maybe when it gets warmer I´ll have an opportunity to visit.

She made us a yummy salad with avocado, oranges, sesame seeds, some mozarella-like cheese, and dressed it with what aparently is typical Chilean salad dressing - oilive oil, salt, and lemon juice. So good. I told her my mom loves to make salads and, on top of everything else I´ve told her about my parents, she keeps saying she thinks they would get along great. Yesterday she told me that she likes to turn lights off when she´s not in the room to save energy. Barbara Jeanetta.

Ooh there are some sk8r boyz outside my window. Annie Arnold, you should have come with me after all!

I think I have the metro figured out pretty well. There are only 4 lines so it´s not like figuring out Chicago´s or Boston´s. One thing I think I still need to perfect is etiquette. I remember in Barbados, younger people always gave up their seats to the elderly on the bus. Am I expected to do that here? I can´t tell yet. There seem to be very few seats, so usually I just stay on the safe side and stand.

I will start taking pictures soon, but I attract enough attention as it is being a (tallllllll) gringa (we stick out like a sore thumb) so I don´t want to be a huge tourist n00b flashing all kinds of pics if I can help it. At least not when I´m by myself. Es todo!

No comments:

Post a Comment